I know I’ve been moaning about this hat ever since I started it… The pattern is too simple, the yarn is rough on my fingers, yada yada yada… But now that all the dashes are done, I am taken aback by how rich it turned out.
Probably the richest thing I’ve ever made, actually. Look at all those curves, they seem endless, going into themselves and back out.
And the little stitches, well defined even underneath the hairy aura.
I’m impressed. ‘Rich’ is exactly what I had in mind when I started planning this hat for a very special friend. Then I was disenchanted both by the yarn and the pattern, but I’m glad I pushed on. In the end, my original research had been right and the combination of pattern and yarn produced the effect I was after. Yay!
I can’t wait to weave in the ends, block this baby and put it in the post. I am positive that it will be loved! :)