After this happened, I had to knit a new one. I used the same yarn, but to make things a tiny bit more interesting I reversed the colours.
Since this was my third time knitting the pattern, I’ve become quite a pro. Thus here are some useful technical tips.
I used this cast-on – it completely and elegantly eliminates the hole at cast-on point and is very easy to work. I love it!
I held the yarn more loosely at colour changes to avoid an ugly “seam”. This seems to work quite well, though with a finer yarn I might need a more sophisticated method.
And I remembered to weave in my ends before doing the decreases. Yay! (If you don’t understand what I’m saying, have a lookie here ;)
It won’t be my last either. The next will go to the fella who was kind enough to take these lovely photos for me.
Have a great weekend everyone! :)